To develop any game, first, we need to identify great concepts, and then we have to bring life into it. Whether it is a big-budget triple-A (AAA) game or any indie game. Anyone who has patience and enough time can create their own video game.
How to develop a video game?
To develop a video game, we require certain steps which are organization, imagination, research, and attention to detail. Whether you are using Unity to create your game or a designer in a game studio, you have to follow these stages of development:
- Pick a concept
Produce one or two game concepts to see what type of game you want to create. Start from small if it is your first game. Inspect different headings and subheadings, see at present what is admired in media, and then make a note of an idea of video game that comes to your mind.
To create a game concept the following steps you should follow
- Explore the genre – select a video game genre that attracts you, like role-playing games (RPGs) or action-adventure, and invest all the components that go into growing the worlds and characters in those games. Make a note of video game ideas that suits you.
- Pick a niche – discover a video game subgenre that selects your interest, and makes an effort to make a game concept for it. Produce new and unconventional concepts that give you a certain category to work within.
- Ask around – talk to your friends and try to discover the game ideas that thrill them. Understanding others’ gameplay helps you to design a good game concept in the right direction.
- Free write – The practice of writing without outlines, editorial oversight, prescribed structure, and notes is called free writing. Free writing is useful for creating new ideas and is not only for scriptwriting or literature. Permit yourself to write and come up with as many game ideas as you can.
- Watch and read – while assembling creativity from watching television shows, and reading a variety of books, other video games, and movies. Make a note of the most absorbing or mesmerizing parts of these storytelling mediums, and use them to enlighten your concepts.
2. Gather Information
Huge research is involved in game creation. Even if it is a simple game, analyze the type of game you are constructing and make a game design document (GDD). World building, genre, marketing strategy, story, and game mechanics are the brief for the game design project. As a game designer, you should decide the language of game programming which you will be using, how big the development team you need, and the numerous staff you need.
3. Start building
Once you are done with your research, now you can expand the framework of your game. You select the game engine for your concept and the best programming language. For small mobile games, you don’t require advanced technology. While developing during this stage, you can start scripting code for your game. To save time game developers with a respectable budget frequently hire a team of programmers.
4. Refine your concept
Designing an example can help you observe variation and other problems early on in the design process. It is very important to resolve the issues as they make an appearance or else they make negatively impact the user experience. Make sure that your game has all the necessary components like the quests, the characters, the setting, the level design, the storyline are perfect, and the character provocation makes sense. Make your game exportable and immersive if you are designing an adventure game or a platformer.
5. Market the finished product
After finishing the game, start marketing it on as suitable platforms as possible. To advertise the finished game use social media and create a website for the game. Excite people by including a demo game on the site. When the game is set for release, either release a free version or offer discounted copies, and upload it to app stores or game stores.
There are 8 main roles to develop video games
- Concept artist – the initial look is drawn by a concept artist and the tone of the video game and in the early stages of development vision representation of the idea for the art, the department is created.
- Producer – marketing and business of the game development are handled by the video game producer, as well as budget management.
- Project manager – all the development processes are looked after by a project manager, checks a milestone is hit, distributes as the cooperation between the executives, and the design team members, and predict any prospectus problems or risks they may come across.
- Game programmers – are involved in building the game engine, writing the code for the game, and constructing playable types for illustration and final release. They add music, accomplish the game mechanics and graphics, and make the user interface.
- Game designer – characters, storyline, and dialogues are developed by the game designers. They decide the gameplay difficulty, as well as the hurdles the player will come across.
- Game artists – 3D artists, animators, and FX artists develop the look and detect the in-game assets. The noises for the games are designed by sound and audio engineers.
- Level designer – levels and missions are designed by the level designer in a video game. Level designers extract creativity from the GDD and concept art.
- Quality assurance (QA) – video game testers are also known as quality assurance testers. The game testers test the development of the game over, and they play multiple times on a title and make a detailed report on crashes or bugs in the experience.
Disclaimer: The content on this site belongs to its respective owners. We don’t have any claims on images or content. The intention of this blog is to Public Awareness / Knowledge base and provide insight to readers.
Headquarters in Newark, DE, United States of America. And has a production facility in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. P66 is one of the Best 2D & 3D Production mushroom-sized Creative agencies. Aiming to provide the Best Creative Services at a very affordable cost. P66 is a studio which is specialized in Traditional & Digital Types of Animation. It has provided contributions in the areas of 2D Animation, 3D Animation, Motion Graphics, Free-hand drawing, Drawing & Illustration, Digital Comic Books, Digital 2D Painting, Concept Artistry Drawing, 2D & 3D Game Designing, and E-learning for kids To provide a FREE Consultation about services of P66 do reach us on +1 (914) 247-7791 or Email us on: Reply@p66.me